● (1) High precision Pitch Roll Yaw (X Y Z axis) Acceleration + Angular Velocity + Angle + Magnetic Field output
● (2) The module integrated high precision gyro accelerometer and geomagnetic field sensor
● (3) Wireless Bluetooth serial port communication,Bluetooth connection range≤10m, embedded in-built battery, also can connect with cable, professional for second-development
● (4) BUY WITH CONFIDENCE: R&D by WitMotion Team( 6-year Professional Attitude Measuring Solution Provider). Providing PC software, mobile phone APP, driver, manual, datasheet etc. Tutorial Link: https://github.com/WITMOTION/BWT901CL
● (5) What you get: 1 x WitMotion BWT901CL Bluetooth inclinometer + 1 x charging line +1 x instructions card, Lifetime friendly customer service (Please kindly contact us if you need any help)
BWT901CL’s scientific name is the AHRS IMU sensor. A sensor measures 3-axis angle, angular velocity, acceleration, magnetic field. Its strength lies in the algorithm which can calculate the three-axis angle accurately. The robust housing and the small outline makes it perfectly suitable for industrial retrofit application such as motion capturing, engineering machine monitoring, etc.
Persued for best data accuracy and stability: WTMOTION patented zero-bias automatic detection calibration algorithm and R&D dynamic fusion algorithm outperforms traditional accelerometer sensor.
Working Temperature: -40℃ ~ +85℃
Battery life: about 4 hours
Data output frequency：0.2-200Hz
Interface: Type-C, Bluetooth 2.0
Baud Rate: 115200 (default, can not be changed)
Voltage: 3.3-5V, built-in rechargeable battery (260mAh capacity, 3.7V)
Output Content: 3-axis Acceleration+Angle+Angular Velocity+Magnetic Field+Quaternion
Range: Acceleration (±16g), Gyroscope (±2000°/s), Magnet Field (±4900µT), Angle (X, Z-axis: ±180°, Y ±90°)
Resolution: Acceleration (0.005g), Gyroscope (0.61°/s), Magnet Field (16 bits)
Angle Accuracy(after calibrated): X, Y-axis: 0.05° (Static) , X, Y-axis: 0.1° (Dynamic)
Note: Z-axis angle will be affected by magnetic field. It is required to calibrate and keep the sensor at least 20cm away from the stuff like metal that may create magnetic field interference.
Hardware Analysis (In-built BWT901)
● In-built HC-06 Bluetooth chip: coverage range within 10 meters (without obstacles like walls)
● Built-in Cortex-M0 core processor which can operate reaching 48MHZ, faster speed in the data processing
● Embedded highly-integrated MEMS accelerometer and gyroscope sensor, more stable and reliable in attitude measurement
● Net Weight: 20g
● Size: 51.3mm x36mm X15mm/ 2.02" x 1.41" x 0.59"
● Two Wings design at the edge, better for installation
● User Friendly: LED lights Indicator, standby (blue flashes), pairing( blue light lits on), Charging( red light), fully charged( red disappear)
WITMOTION Alrogithm Advantages
WITMOTION products are derived from the aerospace Satellite Attitude Determination Algorithm.
Built-in core algorithm:
● R&D Dynamic Fusion Algorithm
● Kalman filtering (program filter)
● Digital filtering
● State estimation algorithm
No need to study the complicated protocol of MPU6050/ 9250 to get the attitude angle.
● BWT901CL supports multiple-connection with 1 Windows computer at the same time.
● There is a software for multi-connection inside the tutorial.
1. The multiple-connection is required to buy the tool, USB-HID adapter from Witmotion store. (search ASIN: B07PWZ3H1N)
2. Each BWT901CL can only pair with 1 USB-HID adapter.
● 30 days return refund policy for any quality issue or unsatisfied order
● Quality secured, 100% inspected & tested at factory before shipping
● Remote diagnostics and lifetime technical support by Witmotion engineering team
● BWT901CL is CE certified, meets EU standards for health, safety, and environmental protection
● WitMotion Shenzhen Co.,Ltd is in conformity with Quality Management System Standard: GB/T19001-2016 idt ISO9001:2015.
● Manual with detailed instructions
● Datasheet with complete communication protocol for developing
● App for Android phone (search WITMOTION on Play Store)
● Two PC software (single-connection & multi-connection )
● Instruction demo video (search WITMOTION on Youtube)
● CH340 serial Drivers
● 1x BWT901CL Bluetooth 2.0 inclinometer
● 1* Type-C charging cable (25cm)
● 1x Instruction card printed with QR code of document center
Free & Genuinely Useful Software
Compared with traditional sensor’s simplied serial software, WITMOTION software offers several advantages over competing sensor:
● configurations setting
● dashboard, 3D DEMO, data curve & chart display in real-time
● data record and playback, raw data reviewing, and more
Notice: There is no software for the Linux, Python, or Mac system at present. Witmotion software is provided as free, compatible with the Windows system only, including Win 10, 8, 7, XP.
PC software for Windows
Data Curve Display
Android App (Single-connection)
BWT901CL supports Bluetooth connection with Android smartphones.
Easy connection, simply chooses the module (9-axis Series), pair with the device, and start using.
Search WitMotion on Google Play Store and download it.
Real-time Data Viewing
Established in 2014, WitMotion Shenzhen Co.,Ltd aims to become a global leader in attitude sensor, AHRS IMU. Foud out more here in our Witmotion Brand Store on Amazon.
The company is dedicated to make attitude measurement and tilt angle sensing solutions more accessible and easier for engineers around the world. Widely used every day by customers in over 50 countries for energy and electric power, tower control, Monitoring, engineering machinery, medical, academic, integrated system, more developing projects.
WITMOTION' s R&D Dept.
● 20+professional engineer industry's top R&D team, and has a long-term collaboration with the Beihang University PhD team.
● WitMotion R&D protocol and Dynamic Fusion Algorithm
● over 50+ patents and software program
Research and Development Facilities:
● World's top-level of triaxial nonmagnetic turntable: All finished items will be calibrated through the turntable, ensuring the X Y Z angle's accuracy.
● High& low temperature test chamber, making sure that the sensor can actually work well under -40℃ ~ +85℃ environment
● Vector Network Analyzers(VNA): Bluetooth antenna impedance matching
● 6 degrees of freedom vibration test bench: sensor's high performance and stability secured under vibration and dynamic environment
Premium Components & QC System: All components are selected and certified under a strict quality control system from the procurement, manufacturing process to assembly, inspection.
Automatic Production&Assemble line of Factory:
Automatic Solder Paste Printing, Imported Placement Machine, Multi-temperature Reflow Soldering, Fully Automatic Inspection
|Interface||BLE 5.0, Type-C||Bluetooth 2.0, Type-C||Bluetooth 2.0, Type-C||TTL||RS485 Modbus RTU||TTL|
|Compatibility||Android phone, Windows PC||Android phone, Windows PC||Android phone, Windows PC||Windows PC, Android phone, MCU Arduino, Raspberry pi, etc||Windows PC, PLC system, MCU Arduino, Raspberry pi, etc.||Windows PC, Android phone, MCU Arduino, Raspberry pi, etc|
|Input Voltage||3.3-5V, in-built battery||3.3-5V, in-built battery||3.3-5V, in-built battery||3.3-5V||9-36V||3.3-5V|
|3-Axis Angular velocity (Gyroscope)||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|3-Axis Magnetic Field||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Housing||Plastic case||Plastic case||Plastic case||Aluminum case, IP67 waterproof||Plastic case|
|Main Features||Value for money, Bluetooth range<50 meters, multiple-connection up to 4 units, 10 hours battery life||Bluetooth range<10 meters, multiple-connection up to 8 units, 4 hours battery life||Bluetooth range<10 meters, multiple-connection up to 8 units, 4 hours battery life||9-axis High Accuracy sensor, Kalman Filtering||Military-Grade Accuracy, RM3100 magnetometer& SCA3300 temp compensation||Chinese Beidou navigation system+ GPS, High-stability IMU sensor|
BWT901CL Multi-connection Instructions DEMO
BWT901CL Bluetooth Inclinometer Use Instructions with Android Smartphone
So it is a bit of a pain in the butt... stuff to complain about:
1. Make the cable so that you can transmit via USB... it is 2 whole wires. I would gladly pay $2 extra dollars for the extra wires.
2. Make sure that your solder connections between the bluetooth board and the actual gyro board are good... mine needed a bump
3. For pity sake, get someone that actually speaks English to write your manual and include the documentation for the bluetooth and where the led light are located...
That being said...
1. Once I took it apart and got the blue light to come on for the bluetooth, Windows 10 found it flawlessly. Found it even after I removed power and replugged it back in.
2. Adding a $1 AA battery pack to the gyro makes it cable free which is most excellent. The AA pack that holds 3 battery powers the gyro beautifully.
3. The software is excellent except for the fact that once you start the record, there isn't a STOP button anywhere to be found... it ran all night and saved the data... oh my!
To all the people that gave this a 1 star due to the fact that you cannot ship via air with a battery installed, get a battery pack and solder it into place. I managed... took all of 3 seconds.
So the part numbers that you need for research:
BWT901CL - which is what you purchased which includes:
HC-06 - this is the part number for the bluetooth module. If you ask google for the data sheet, it will find it.
JY901 - this is the actual gyro board
The switch on the side does nothing... when the unit is plugged into USB power there should be a red light and a blue light above the switch. If the blue never lights off, the solder on pins 12 and 13 need a touch up... you need a very small (tiny) solder tip on your iron to fix it.
The software is on the wit-motion.com web site. You will need chrome and the google translate to read it and find the downloads... you need the software for the JY901... and not for the actual part number.
I hope that this helps everyone who purchases one of these. Get over the battery problem guys... this girl that has used gyros for aerospace that cost thousands of dollar and are not bluetooth, this one is excellent for the application that we are using it for, gets rid of a ton of cabling and comes with its own data collection software with software source samples.
Have a wonderful day!
Mine has a battery built in, the usb cable that comes with it can be used to charge the battery. I removed one star because the PC application is not professional, needs some work. Overall, it does work just fine and has a battery built in just needs charging. The Chinese text on the side of the box is unreadable by me but is the on/off switch.
Cliente de Amazon
It worked with the test software of Witmotion on first try, great attention from Kyle from support team, unfortunatly I am not experienced enough to link the device to a head tracker software, which was my first purpose, but nothing to do with the quality nor performance of the device, only my lack of knowledge. I would recommend WitMotion products , great price and awesome customers' support.
The product works wonderful and appears to be great for the intended purpose, but i am trying to repurpose it to be used as a vibration meter. It appears to have all the functions and capability i need. Best of all, the company is quick to respond to any help requests and very supportive.
Quite a remarkable device. I used it to measure the vibrational motions of a camera mount in church. Setup & software was difficult, but with help from Kyle in China, I got it working.
Value for the price is difficult to beat. They have software to interface with that's useful enough. The email support is responsive enough (replies in 1 day). Things to improve would be the software side but they provide code for you to customize your own, if you're into that.
Pacific Palisades Guy
Works best with PC. Getting it to work with a Raspberry Pi is challenging.