● (1) High precision Pitch Roll Yaw (X Y Z axis) Acceleration + Angular Velocity + Angle 100hz data output
● (2) BUY WITH CONFIRDENCE: R&D by WitMotion Team( 6-year Professional Attitude Measuring Solution Provider), Lifetime Technical Support:(Email: email@example.com, Mob/Whatsapp: +86 13652339539), Providing PC software, mobile phone APP, and 51 serial, STM32, Arduino, and Matlab sample code. Tutorial Link: https://wiki.wit-motion.com/english
● (3) Wireless Bluetooth serial port communication,Bluetooth connection range≤10m, embedded in-built battery, also can connect with cable, professional for second-development
● (4) Higher precision, better performance, higher stability, smaller in size, bluetooth 2.0 remote measurement, embedded with Karman filter AHRS, designed for real-time attitude measurement
● (5) What you get: 1 x WitMotion BWT61 bluetooth module + 1 x charging line +1 x instructions card
BWT61’s scientific name is the AHRS IMU sensor. A sensor measures 3-axis angle, angular velocity, acceleration. Its strength lies in the algorithm which can calculate the three-axis angle accurately. The small outline makes it perfectly suitable for industrial retrofit application such as motion capturing, engineering machine monitoring, etc.
Persued for best data accuracy and stability: WTMOTION patented zero-bias automatic detection calibration algorithm and R&D dynamic fusion algorithm outperforms traditional accelerometer sensor.
Working Temperature: -40℃ ~ +85℃
Data output frequency：100Hz
Interface: TTL pins, Bluetooth 2.0
Baud Rate: 115200 (default, can not be changed)
Output Content: 3-axis Acceleration+Angle+Angular Velocity
Range: Acceleration (±16g), Gyroscope (±2000°/s), Angle (X, Z-axis: ±180°, Y ±90°)
Resolution: Acceleration (0.005g), Gyroscope (0.61°/s)
Angle Accuracy(after calibrated): X, Y-axis: 0.05° (Static) , X, Y-axis: 0.1° (Dynamic)
Note: Angle of Z-axis will have accumulated error under working
● In-built HC-06 Bluetooth chip: coverage range within 10 meters (without obstacles like walls)
● Built-in Cortex-M0 core processor which can operate reaching 16MHZ, faster speed in the data processing
● Embedded highly-integrated MEMS accelerometer and gyroscope sensor, more stable and reliable in attitude measurement
● Net Weight: 1g
● Size: 27mm x25mm X3.3mm/ 1.06" x 0.98" x 0.13"
● User Friendly: LED lights Indicator, staLndby (blue flashes), pairing( blue light lits on)
WITMOTION Alrogithm Advantages
WITMOTION products are derived from the aerospace Satellite Attitude Determination Algorithm.
Built-in core algorithm:
● R&D Dynamic Fusion Algorithm
● Kalman filtering (program filter)
● Digital filtering
● State estimation algorithm
No need to study the complicated protocol of MPU6050/ 9250 to get the attitude angle.
● BWT61 supports multiple-connection with 1 Windows App at the same time via Bluetooth.
● There is a software for multi-connection inside the tutorial.
1. The multiple-connection is required to buy an accessory, USB-HID adapter from Witmotion store. (search ASIN: B07ZGG9KY9 )
2. Each BWT61 can only pair with 1 USB-HID adapter.
● 30 days return refund policy for any quality issue or unsatisfied order
● Quality secured, 100% inspected & tested at factory before shipping
● Remote diagnostics and lifetime technical support by Witmotion engineering team
● BWT61 is CE certified, meets EU standards for health, safety, and environmental protection
● WitMotion Shenzhen Co.,Ltd is in conformity with Quality Management System Standard: GB/T19001-2016 idt ISO9001:2015.
● Datasheet with complete communication protocol for developing
● Sample code including Arduino, Matlab, C+, C#, STM32, 51.
● Two PC software (single-connection & multi-connection)
● Instruction demo video (search WITMOTION on Youtube)
● CH340 serial Drivers
● 1x BWT61 Bluetooth 2.0 accelerometer module
● 1x Instruction card printed with QR code of document center
The battery is not included inside the packing.
For finished item with casing and battery, please search BWT61CL (ASIN: B01MRPKDV9 )
Free & Genuinely Useful Software
Compared with traditional sensor’s simplied serial software, WITMOTION software offers several advantages over competing sensor:
● configurations setting
● dashboard, 3D DEMO, data curve & chart display in real-time
● data record and playback, raw data reviewing, and more
Notice: There is no software for the Linux, Python, or Mac system at present. Witmotion software is provided as free, compatible with the Windows system only, including Win 10, 8, 7, XP.
PC software for Windows
Data Curve Display
Android App (Single-connection)
The module is required to build a power supply of 3.3-5V.
BWT61 supports Bluetooth connection with Android smartphones.
Easy connection, simply chooses the module (6-axis Series), pair with the device, and start using.
Search WitMotion on Google Play Store and download it.
Real-time Data Viewing
Established in 2014, WitMotion Shenzhen Co.,Ltd aims to become a global leader in attitude sensor, AHRS IMU. Foud out more here in our Witmotion Brand Store on Amazon.
The company is dedicated to make attitude measurement and tilt angle sensing solutions more accessible and easier for engineers around the world. Widely used every day by customers in over 50 countries for energy and electric power, tower control, Monitoring, engineering machinery, medical, academic, integrated system, more developing projects.
WITMOTION' s R&D Dept.
● 20+professional engineer industry's top R&D team, and has a long-term collaboration with the Beihang University PhD team.
● WitMotion R&D protocol and Dynamic Fusion Algorithm
● over 50+ patents and software program
Research and Development Facilities:
● World's top-level of triaxial nonmagnetic turntable: All finished items will be calibrated through the turntable, ensuring the X Y Z angle's accuracy.
● High& low temperature test chamber, making sure that the sensor can actually work well under -40℃ ~ +85℃ environment
● Vector Network Analyzers(VNA): Bluetooth antenna impedance matching
● 6 degrees of freedom vibration test bench: sensor's high performance and stability secured under vibration and dynamic environment
Premium Components & QC System: All components are selected and certified under a strict quality control system from the procurement, manufacturing process to assembly, inspection.
Automatic Production&Assemble line of Factory:
Automatic Solder Paste Printing, Imported Placement Machine, Multi-temperature Reflow Soldering, Fully Automatic Inspection
|WT901BLECL Inclinometer||BWT901CL Accelerometer||BWT61CL Tilt Sensor||WT901 Digital Compass||Military-grade HWT905 Magnetometer||WTGAHRS2 GPS IMU|
|Interface||BLE 5.0, Type-C||Bluetooth 2.0, Type-C||Bluetooth 2.0, Type-C||TTL||RS485 Modbus RTU||TTL|
|Compatibility||Android phone, Windows PC||Android phone, Windows PC||Android phone, Windows PC||Windows PC, Android phone, MCU Arduino, Raspberry pi, etc||Windows PC, PLC system, MCU Arduino, Raspberry pi, etc.||Windows PC, Android phone, MCU Arduino, Raspberry pi, etc|
|Input Voltage||3.3-5V, in-built battery||3.3-5V, in-built battery||3.3-5V, in-built battery||3.3-5V||9-36V||3.3-5V|
|3-Axis Angular velocity (Gyroscope)||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|3-Axis Magnetic Field||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Housing||Plastic case||Plastic case||Plastic case||Aluminum case, IP67 waterproof||Plastic case|
|Main Features||Value for money, Bluetooth range<50 meters, multiple-connection up to 4 units, 10 hours battery life||Bluetooth range<10 meters, multiple-connection up to 8 units, 4 hours battery life||Bluetooth range<10 meters, multiple-connection up to 8 units, 4 hours battery life||9-axis High Accuracy sensor, Kalman Filtering||Military-Grade Accuracy, RM3100 magnetometer& SCA3300 temp compensation||Chinese Beidou navigation system+ GPS, High-stability IMU sensor|
BWT61 Bluetooth Gyrsocope Use Instructions with PC
BWT61 Bluetooth Inclinometer Use Instructions with Android Smartphone
is an awesome little device for the price; a 3.3V LiPo is perfectly
capable of powering it. Here are some useful usage notes:
Datasheet/etc. are available from the google drive address mentioned in the product description.
* Pair to the device using bluetooth on your PC. The ID will be HC-06. Pairing code is 1234.
* Under the Bluetooth Settings dialog click "more bluetooth settings" and switch to the COM ports tab. After spinning a while, it will tell you what COM port to use to read from the HC-06
* The device will flash red while pairing, and will go solid red once you open the COM port
* You'll need to read the serial data in *binary*; otherwise you'll end up with uninterpretable characters. The data format is in the user guide in the google drive link, but it looks like (in hex, for acceleration) 55 51 ax_lo ax_hi ay_lo ay_hi az_lo az_hi temp_lo temp_hi checksum; 55 52 and 55 53 are headers for angular velocity and total angle, respectively.
* Conversion formulas for acceleration (in g) and temp (in C) are in the user guide. Keep in mind the values are *signed* shorts.
As the other reviewers have stated, the output is nice and stable. I purchased this mainly to be able to get the sensor data over bluetooth. It works out of the box just connecting it to power. One thing I found out is that even though it says it works over 3.3V, I could only get the bluetooth to work with 5V. So, if bluetooth isn't working, make sure you are giving it enough voltage. There should be lights lit or flashing on both sides of the board. The data rate is also seems pretty good. I don't remember the specifics but it was much faster than I needed for my application. The fact that I can interface with it in other ways in addition to bluetooth is a bonus.
I am using it just for X and Y angle measurements. Consistently stable within about 0.02 degrees. Android app written to serial data stream specs worked after one programming session. A bit difficult to find the documentation and I still have not found the PC Program or Android or iPhone examples they speak of. But I want a bunch more of these so hopefully they will be available again soon. The price is great considering the components involved and the time it takes to combine them from scratch, not to mention adding the Kalman filter is a HUGE improvement for angle measurement stability compared to the raw data from the MPU6050.
So far so good, god it working. RX is miss-labeled on the device, set it up like the user manual says to, not the way the device is labeled. I know nothing about electricity or circuits and was able to get output on my computer in about 20 minutes after opening the device. I did have to manually remove the driver in device manager and then re-plug the USB because the driver failed to install the first time. See the link in the comments to download the manual.
This is a great item. It was a bit difficult to set up, but I figured it out.
Good product. Printed instructions would be a plus.
Bought 2 of these for a school project. One did not function properly. The other performed fine.