● (1) HIGH PERFORMANCE: Accurate output data : Pitch Roll Yaw 3-axis Accleration + Gyro( Angular Velocity) + Angle
● (2) ROBUST DESIGN: Wireless Bluetooth serial port communication,Bluetooth connection range≤10m, embedded battery, built-in Kalman filtering, digital algorithm
● (3) WITMOTION ADVANTAGE: 6-year Professional Attitude Measuring Solution Provider, certification including ISO 9001:2015, CE, Electromagnetic Compatibility Certified, Patented zero-bias automatic detection calibration algorithm,
● (4) WORRY-FREE SUPPORT: Provide PC software, Android App, follow the model and find guiding manual, Turtorial link: https://wiki.wit-motion.com/english
● (5) WHAT YOU GET: 1*BWT61CL Bluetooth 2.0 sensor, 1* Guding Card, 1*Type-C Charging cable, Lifetime friendly customer service(Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Mob/Whatsapp: +86 13652339539)
BWT61CL’s scientific name is the AHRS IMU sensor. A sensor measures 3-axis angle, angular velocity, acceleration. Its strength lies in the algorithm which can calculate the three-axis angle accurately. The robust housing and the small outline makes it perfectly suitable for industrial retrofit application such as motion capturing, engineering machine monitoring, etc.
Persued for best data accuracy and stability: WTMOTION patented zero-bias automatic detection calibration algorithm and R&D dynamic fusion algorithm outperforms traditional accelerometer sensor.
Working Temperature: -40℃ ~ +85℃
Battery life: about 4 hours
Data output frequency：100Hz
Interface: Type-C, Bluetooth 2.0
Baud Rate: 115200 (default, can not be changed)
Voltage: 3.3-5V, built-in rechargeable battery (260mAh capacity, 3.7V)
Output Content: 3-axis Acceleration+Angle+Angular Velocity
Range: Acceleration (±16g), Gyroscope (±2000°/s), Angle (X, Z-axis: ±180°, Y ±90°)
Resolution: Acceleration (0.005g), Gyroscope (0.61°/s)
Angle Accuracy(after calibrated): X, Y-axis: 0.05° (Static) , X, Y-axis: 0.1° (Dynamic)
Angle of Z-axis will have accumulated error under working
Hardware Analysis (In-built BWT61)
● In-built HC-06 Bluetooth chip: coverage range within 10 meters (without obstacles like walls)
● Built-in Cortex-M0 core processor which can operate reaching 16MHZ, faster speed in the data processing
● Embedded highly-integrated MEMS accelerometer and gyroscope sensor, more stable and reliable in attitude measurement
● Net Weight: 20g
● Size: 51.3mm x36mm X15mm/ 2.02" x 1.41" x 0.59"
● Two wings design at the edge, better for installation
● User Friendly: LED lights Indicator, standby (blue flashes), pairing( blue light lits on), Charging( red light), fully charged( red disappear)
WITMOTION Alrogithm Advantages
WITMOTION Alrogithm Advantages
WITMOTION products are derived from the aerospace Satellite Attitude Determination Algorithm.
Built-in core algorithm:
● R&D Dynamic Fusion Algorithm
● Kalman filtering (program filter)
● Digital filtering
● State estimation algorithm
Time and energy saving: No need to write a filtering program or study the complicated protocol of MPU6050/ 9250 to analyze and collect the attitude angle data.
● BWT61CL supports multiple-connection with 1 Windows computer at the same time.
● There is a software for multi-connection inside the tutorial.
1. The multiple-connection is required to buy the tool, USB-HID adapter from Witmotion store. (search ASIN: B07PWZ3H1N)
2. Each BWT61CL can only pair with 1 USB-HID adapter.
● 30 days return refund policy for any quality issue or unsatisfied order
● Quality secured, 100% inspected & tested at factory before shipping
● Remote diagnostics and lifetime technical support by Witmotion engineering team
● BWT61CL is CE certified, meets EU standards for health, safety, and environmental protection
● WitMotion Shenzhen Co.,Ltd is in conformity with Quality Management System Standard: GB/T19001-2016 idt ISO9001:2015.
● Manual with detailed instructions
● Datasheet with complete communication protocol for developing
● App for Android phone (search WITMOTION on Play Store)
● Two PC software (single-connection & multi-connection)
● Instruction demo video (search WITMOTION on Youtube)
● CH340 serial Drivers
● 1x BWT61CL Bluetooth 2.0 inclinometer
● 1* Type-C charging cable (25cm)
● 1x Instruction card printed with QR code of document center
Established in 2014, WitMotion Shenzhen Co.,Ltd aims to become a global leader in attitude sensor, AHRS IMU. Foud out more here in our Witmotion Brand Store on Amazon.
The company is dedicated to make attitude measurement and tilt angle sensing solutions more accessible and easier for engineers around the world. Widely used every day by customers in over 50 countries for energy and electric power, tower control, Monitoring, engineering machinery, medical, academic, integrated system, more developing projects.
WITMOTION' s R&D Dept.
● 20+professional engineer industry's top R&D team, and has a long-term collaboration with the Beihang University PhD team.
● WitMotion R&D protocol and Dynamic Fusion Algorithm
● over 50+ patents and software program
Research and Development Facilities:
● World's top-level of triaxial nonmagnetic turntable: All finished items will be calibrated through the turntable, ensuring the X Y Z angle's accuracy.
● High& low temperature test chamber, making sure that the sensor can actually work well under -40℃ ~ +85℃ environment
● Vector Network Analyzers(VNA): Bluetooth antenna impedance matching
● 6 degrees of freedom vibration test bench: sensor's high performance and stability secured under vibration and dynamic environment
Premium Components & QC System: All components are selected and certified under a strict quality control system from the procurement, manufacturing process to assembly, inspection.
Automatic Production&Assemble line of Factory:
Automatic Solder Paste Printing, Imported Placement Machine, Multi-temperature Reflow Soldering, Fully Automatic Inspection
|WT901BLECL Inclinometer||BWT901CL Accelerometer||BWT61CL Tilt Sensor||WT901 Digital Compass||Military-grade HWT905 Magnetometer||WTGAHRS2 GPS IMU|
|Interface||BLE 5.0, Type-C||Bluetooth 2.0, Type-C||Bluetooth 2.0, Type-C||TTL||RS485 Modbus RTU||TTL|
|Compatibility||Android phone, Windows PC||Android phone, Windows PC||Android phone, Windows PC||Windows PC, Android phone, MCU Arduino, Raspberry pi, etc||Windows PC, PLC system, MCU Arduino, Raspberry pi, etc.||Windows PC, Android phone, MCU Arduino, Raspberry pi, etc|
|Input Voltage||3.3-5V, in-built battery||3.3-5V, in-built battery||3.3-5V, in-built battery||3.3-5V||9-36V||3.3-5V|
|3-Axis Angular velocity (Gyroscope)||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|3-Axis Magnetic Field||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Housing||Plastic case||Plastic case||Plastic case||Aluminum case, IP67 waterproof||Plastic case|
|Main Features||Value for money, Bluetooth range<50 meters, multiple-connection up to 4 units, 10 hours battery life||Bluetooth range<10 meters, multiple-connection up to 8 units, 4 hours battery life||Bluetooth range<10 meters, multiple-connection up to 8 units, 4 hours battery life||9-axis High Accuracy sensor, Kalman Filtering||Military-Grade Accuracy, RM3100 magnetometer& SCA3300 temp compensation||Chinese Beidou navigation system+ GPS, High-stability IMU sensor|
BWT61CL Bluetooth 2.0 Inclinometer DEMO
BWT61CL Bluetooth Accelerometer Use Instructions with Android Smartphone
combined with the "Remote Level" Android app, I have found the
WitMotion BWT61CL Bluetooth MPU6050 Gyro+Accelerometer a very useful
& cost-effective way to level our T@B camper. It's unfortunate that
it is currently not available - maybe a result of China tarriffs &
will be back hopefully? I wish the bluetooth connection was a bit more
reliable at greater distances such as from the driver's seat of tow
vehicle (which sometimes loses connection), but otherwise very helpful
for adjusting tongue jack & left/right leveling. After trial &
error, I found that choosing the app orientation setting "Left Edge",
with the device oriented with label facing upwards & label bottom
forward, this produces the expected results with above app after saving
settings with the device mounted on leveled trailer. See photos showing
device mounted under a cabinet, where front of trailer is at
right/through window. This orientation uses the X-axis for left/right
leveling and Y-axis for front/back. I used a simple USB adapter plugged
into a 120V AC outlet.
Much cheaper than another popular device of this type costing around $130. I have no incentive for giving this review other than being a satisfied cusutomer.
For $25 this is a nice device, it has a very decent battery life and the BT connection seems very reliable once it is done. I am not sure why but some times it takes several attempts to connect to my tablet. One of the reasons I decided to get this device was because of the App offering, so I was really disappointed when I saw some of the app menus in Chinese.
Duane A Silkworth
use this device with my own Android app. It works exactly as
described, and meets all my expectations and requirements. I programmed
my app to connect to the BWT601CL's Bluetooth interface exactly as
described by the Google Android Bluetooth development guide, with the
additional information provided by the WitMotion documentation for the
detailed data format protocol. Like most programming efforts, this was
not totally headache-free but the issues were due to my own Bluetooth
inexperience and bugs, not due to WitMotion.
The device can also be accessed and tested with the "Mini IMU" app provided by download from WitMotion, which shows angles, angular velocity, and acceleration and also allows for admin and calibration. I did not try to use a hardwired PC interface as all functionality is provided over wireless Bluetooth. The documentation states that admin functions are not available over the PC serial interface. This makes sense to me, since it's a wireless Bluetooth device, and there are other different available devices intended for hardwired applications, and even a USB-bluetooth interface for PCs.
This product can be very confusing to set up as their online template did not work for me. However, their customer service team is AWESOME and genuinely cares about their customers. We were able to eventually get my accelerometer up and running. It is fantastic and has a great sampling rate. Highly recommended!